Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
If Different From Property Owner
Please upload Adobe PDF versions of the plans and/or documentation required for the application. Submittal requirements are as follows:
VARIANCE: Site plan and written narrative explaining why the variance should be approved. The Board of Zoning Appeals will consider the following criteria:
(1) Do special conditions and circumstances exist that are unique to the property/structure?
(2) Can there be beneficial use of the property without the variance?
(3) Are the unique conditions in #1 caused by the applicant, his/her agents, or prior property owners?
(4) Is the variance the minimum necessary to make reasonable use of the property?
(5) Will the variance alter the character of the neighborhood or cause harm to adjoining properties?
(6) Will the variance hamper the delivery of government services such as water, sewer, electric, refuse pickup, or other vital services?
(7) Can the applicant achieve his/her goals without a variance?
(8) Will the variance be consistent with the spirit and intent of the code?
(9) Will the variance grant a special privilege that is denied by this regulation to other lands, structures or buildings in the same zoning district?
ADMINISTRATIVE APPEAL: Letter to the BZA explaining the alleged error in an order, requirement, decision or determination made by a Code Enforcement Officer in his or her duties enforcing the Zoning or Property Maintenance Code.
I hereby certify that all information and attachments submitted in this application are true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I hereby consent to inspection of the subject property and buildings in conjunction with this application by the City of Xenia. I hereby acknowledge that the property owner is responsible for locating and verifying all property lines and boundaries. If I am not the property owner, I hereby certify that I have the property owner's consent in signing this application. By typing my name into this field I authorize the City of Xenia to consider this an electronic signature.
BZA meetings are held on the 4th Monday of every month, and applications are due 3 weeks prior to the meeting.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field