Planning and Zoning Commission
- 6 p.m. on the first Thursday of the month (and occasionally the third Thursday)
- City Administration Building
City Council Chambers
107 E. Main Street
Xenia, OH 45385
The public is invited to attend. Those who would like to relay a question, comment, or concern to the Planning and Zoning Commission may do so at the meeting during Audience Break or by contacting the Chair of the Commission or the staff representatives through the links on this page. Citizens interested in placing an item on the agenda for discussion should submit their requests to the City Clerk at the following address:
City of Xenia
Attn: City Clerk
107 E. Main Street
Xenia, OH 45385
Requests must be received no less than 10 days prior to the meeting date.
Agendas & Minutes
For information on Planning and Zoning Commission agendas and meeting minutes, email the City Clerk or call 937-376-7235.
- Faith Sorice, Vice Chair
- David Leitch
- Kasey Bottorff
About the Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission is established by the Xenia City Charter Article VIII, §8.01 and Chapter 280 of Title Eight: Boards, Commissions, and Committees, of Part Two - City Government of the Xenia City Code, which was recently updated with passage of Ordinance 2022-21. In the interest of public health, safety, convenience, comfort, prosperity or general welfare of the public, the Planning and Zoning Commission's powers and duties are as follows:
- Perform all duties assigned to it by the City Council, by ordinance or by resolution, related to the planning or regulation of the growth, development, platting, subdivision and land use within the City;
- Continuously review and report to the City Council its recommendations concerning the City’s subdivision, platting, thoroughfare plans, land use plans, and zoning ordinances and regulations;
- Conduct such studies, prepare such plans, maps, and reports related to the growth, development, platting, subdivision, and land use within the City and may make such recommendations relative thereto to the City Council as it feels are in the best interests of the City; and
- Have any other powers or duties assigned to it by City Council, by ordinance, or the laws of the State to the extent that those assigned powers or duties do not conflict with the provisions of the City’s Charter.
The Commission consists of five volunteers who are residents of the City and are appointed by the City Council to staggered terms of four years each. One Council member serves as chair as appointed by the Council President at their second regular session in January of each year. Staff representatives include the City Planner and/or the City Engineer.
Xenia Planning & Zoning Commission Application
The Planning and Zoning Department staff is available to assist applicants during every phase of the application process. Applicants are strongly encouraged to schedule a pre-submittal meeting during which the applicant can learn about the Board and Commission process. A pre-submittal meeting also affords the applicant and staff the opportunity to address any initial concerns with the application. For more information or to schedule a meeting, please email the City Planner or call 937-376-7285.
If You Received a Notice of Public Hearing
A notice for a public hearing is a required notice to be sent by the City to property owners who are in the vicinity of a property where development of or changes are proposed. Typical public hearing notices advertise a request for a Rezoning, Zoning Designation of Annexed Land, Planned Unit Development Concept Plan, and Major Modifications to approved Planned Unit Developments. Such notices invite the public to participate in the decision-making process. If you received a notice of public hearing in the mail and you have questions, please contact the staff member at the number listed on the notice.
Interested in Serving?
If a vacancy on the Commission is noted above and you are interested in serving, please contact City Clerk Michelle Johnson at (937) 376-7235 or email.