About the Fire Division
The Xenia Fire Division currently consists of 42 employees. The Fire Chief and Deputy Fire Chief work Monday through Friday administrating the operations of the Fire Division, along with a part time fire inspector; the other 39 employees are split evenly among three shifts (A, B, and C). Each shift is commanded by a Captain who is assisted by 2 Lieutenants in running the daily shift activities. Ten firefighter/paramedics are assigned to each shift and round out the total staffing of 13 personnel per shift.
The Xenia Fire Division provides a wide range of services to the City of Xenia and Central State University including fire suppression, EMS, rescue, hazardous materials, fire prevention, fire inspection and plan review. In addition to the normal fleet of fire and EMS vehicles, the Xenia Fire Division has paramedics who can respond on bicycles during special events in the community. The Xenia Fire Division handles more than 5,000 calls for service each year, and 85% of our calls are for our paramedics. In 2008, the Xenia Fire Division handled more than a 12% increase in 911 calls.
For Additional Information on EMS Billing Please Contact our EMS Billing Vendor ImageTrend at 1-833-469-7789
Base service fee plus loaded mileage
Basic Life Support (BLS) - $519.17
Advanced Life Support 1 (ALS1) - $830.67
Advanced Life Support 2 (ALS2) - $1,038.34
Loaded mile - $12.98/mile
Others Fees May Apply
- Protect life and property from loss due to fire, hazardous situations, emergency medical incidents, and other disasters
- Employ preconceived strategies and tactics based on information gathered as the incident progresses
- Promote fire prevention and life safety through code enforcement and public education
- Recognize our people are our greatest resource and the key to success
- Strive for excellence in customer service