Why is my bill so high?
Meters are read monthly via a remote reading device on your water meter. The billing cycle is as follows:
- Meters read the middle of one month.
- Bills mailed for this meter reading the middle of the following month.
- Bills due the 4th of the following month.
For example, if the meter is read mid-March, the reading period will be mid-February to mid-March. The bill for this consumption would be mailed mid-April with a due date of May 4. If your bill is higher than normal, please look at the reading dates on the bill to determine if there was a reason for additional usage during that period (e.g., filling of a pool, leak repaired, additional individuals in your home during this period.)
- Estimated average monthly residential bill with 2016 rates (PDF)
- How is the consumption on my bill calculated? (PDF)
Potential Water Leaks
During the 24 hour period immediately prior to the meter reading, if there has not been a single hour when water was not used, the remote reading device on your water meter sends a potential leak signal with the reading. In your home or business, if continuous 24 hour water usage is normal, then the leak signal can be ignored, but if this is not normal for your home or business, please review a copy of the Checking for Water Leaks (PDF).
The most recent list of accounts with POTENTIAL leak signals are available below: NOTES:
- The"List by account number" list is sorted by the first 8 characters of your account number. For example, if your account number is A01-00000-15, it would appear on the list as A0100000.
- The "List by street name" list is sorted by the service street name, including any directional. For example, if your service street name is E CHURCH ST, your account will appear in the "E" portion of the list, not the "C" portion
Potential Leak Lists from the May 12, 15 and 16, 2017 readings.
If you repair a leak, you may request an adjustment by completing the form that is available below: Request for Adjustment Due to Water Leak Fillable (PDF)
SECURE EMAIL LINK -- Using one of our fill-in PDF forms? It is strongly recommended that you save the form to your desktop, then complete, save it on your system and then submit the saved form. This takes the form out of the browser window and reduces most issues related to the variety of web browsers available. Find additional PDF hints and troubleshooting suggestions.
Are you using a Mac? By default, your Mac may not open the PDF file in the full version of Adobe Reader. You may need to download the full version of Adobe Reader to be able to use the fill-in PDFs.