- "Community Funding" means contributions made to Xenia non-profit or charitable organizations by City Council from the general operating budget.
- "Non-profit organization" means an organization exempt from federal income taxation pursuant to Section 501(a) and (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- "Charitable organization" means the same as in ORC 2915.01(H)
City of Xenia General Fund moneys allocated each year to the Community Funding Program are limited to ten thousand dollars ($10,000) per calendar year.
Community Funding may be made available under the following tiered system:
(a) Tier I: Charitable and Non-Profit Organizations, including special event committees, located in and providing not-for-profit services to Xenia may seek funding for special programs or projects that directly benefit the people of the community. funding for Tier I applicants is limited to $3,000 per application. Tier I organizations may only be awarded twice in a five-year period and not in consecutive years, unless as part of a two-phased project.
(b) Tier II: Recreation Organizations located in and providing services to Xenia may seek funding for special programs or projects that benefit segments of the community. To be eligible for funding, Recreation Organizations must provide a scholarship program for participants of lesser-means to help offset participation costs. Funding for Tier II applicants is limited to $2,000 per application. Tier II organizations may only be awarded twice in a five-year period, and not in consecutive years, unless as part of a two-phased project.
(c) Tier III: Community organizations (profit-based) and Recreation Organizations that do not provide scholarships for participants of lesser means that are located in and providing services to Xenia may seek funding for programs or projects that benefit segments of the community. Funding for Tier III organizations is limited to $1,000 per application once within a five-year period, unless as part of a two-phased project.
Applications for the Community Funding Program are accepted once a year starting on June 1st for a period of 30 days. To obtain funding, organizations must do the following:
- Read the program application and guidelines, please click here.
- Complete application
- Return completed application with all supporting documentation to the City of Xenia, City Manager's office by the assigned due date
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Karly French, Secretary to the City Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or