Issue 7 to "KEEP XENIA SAFE"
On January 14, 2010, Xenia City Council passed legislation as the first step in the process to place a question on the May 4, 2010 Primary Election ballot to increase the City's Income Tax Rate from 1.75 percent to 2.25 percent. Please stay tuned to this page as we provide you with information so you can make an informed decision on May 4, 2010.
Actions and information provided to date including the following (please click on the links to view, download, and/or print the PDF files):
- April 23, 2010: This letter sent to all Xenia Community Schools parents
- April 8, 2010: This flyer was mailed to all Xenia residents in their April Utility Bill.
- March 24, 2010: Click here to view videotaped Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- March 10, 2010: This flyer was mailed to all Xenia residents in their March Utility Bills.
- March 9, 2010: Click here to learn about what you pay for Local Government Services
- March 4, 2010: Xenia Fire Division 6-Year Calls for Service Comparison
- February 12, 2010: Press Release was issued regarding passage of final legislation for May 4, 2010 ballot issue that includes quotes from Police Chief Person and Fire Chief Leaming
- February 12, 2010: This flyer was mailed to all Xenia residents in their February Utility Bills.
- January 28, 2010: Staff presented a Powerpoint presentation to City Council regarding the Citizen Survey and Focus Group results; click here.
- January 15, 2010: Press Release was issued announcing the May 4, 2010 ballot issue
- December 2009: WSU provides results of Citizen Survey; click here to view the results.
- October 28, 2009: Press Release issued regarding City Council's decision to hire Wright State University to conduct a Citizen Perception Survey
- August 17, 2009: Press Release issued regarding the City's efforts to avert Public Safety Layoffs and announcing layoffs of 9 full-time and 3 part-time non-union Administrative Staff, including the elimination of the City's Parks and Recreation Department
- July 23, 2009: City Staff gave a Powerpoint presentation to City Council regarding the City's Financial Status.
- Links to City Council Meeting Minutes where the financial status of the City and current levy initiative were discussed can be found here:
For information about the City's recent Levy efforts in February and August 2009, please click here.
To register to vote, click on the picture above! Forms must be received or postmarked by Monday, April 5, 2010, to be valid for the May 4, 2010, Primary Election.
Click here for an Absentee Ballot form. Absentee voting for the May 4, 2010, Primary Election begins on Tuesday, March 30, 2010.
If you have any questions or concerns or you would like additional information about the City's upcoming ballot issue on May 4, 2010, please call the City Manager, Jim Percival, at 376-7231 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Finance Director, Mark Bazelak, at 376-7236 or e-mail him at email@example.com.