The City of Xenia is accepting accepting applications for the following positions:
- Must be a citizen of the United States;
- Must be at least 18 years old at time of appointment;
- Must hold high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be certified with the State of Ohio as a Level II Firefighter;
- Must be certified with the State of Ohio as a Paramedic;
- Must be able to obtain Fire Safety Inspector certification within six months of appointment;
- Must hold current CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Testing) card at time of appointment;
- Must hold a valid Ohio driver’s license and be insurable under the City’s insurance;
- Must be of good character with a good credit rating and no police record of arrests for a felony or a misdemeanor involving violence or moral turpitude.
Qualified applicants may submit cover letter and résumé via mail to Jackie Potter, Human Resources Department, 107 E. Main Street, Xenia, Ohio 45385 or via email to email@example.com.Lateral entry wages are determined based on experience and years of service. If you have specific questions about lateral entry please contact Jackie Potter, Human Resources Director, at 937-376-7273 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Xenia is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage application from minorities, women and disabled veterans.
Downloading & Printing an Employment Application
The Employment Application (PDF) available for download is a computer fill-in form that was created in Adobe Acrobat format, which is also known as a Portable Document File (PDF) format. To fill out, view, and/or print the application, you need an Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free program, which can be downloaded from the Adobe website.
Important Note: If you choose to fill out the application when it appears on your computer screen in the Adobe Acrobat Reader program, any data you enter onto the application form cannot be "saved", but it can be printed. When you close the application form, the data you entered will be deleted. Therefore, if you choose to fill out the employment application form on your computer, be sure to print a copy before closing the program. Further, be sure to sign and date the application and associated forms where applicable.
Once completed, the employment application can be used to apply for employment opportunities during an application period for a specific position as advertised above by the City of Xenia. Where possible, please print the application as a two-sided copy. Please include other documentation as required for the specific position in which you are applying. Now you are ready to download, view, and/or print the application.
You may mail or hand-deliver your signed and completed application and applicable documentation to the Human Resources Director (must be received on or before the posted closing date).
Should you have any questions about the online Employment Application or the job opportunities posted above, please contact the Human Resources Department at 937-376-7273.
Again, thank you for your interest in working for the City of Xenia.